Sunday, April 24, 2011

Rotpeter, why do you prefer to live in the dirty city rather than the serene beauty of the jungle?

Who said anything about “prefer”!!!!....To me I believe I feel equally not at home in the jungle and in the city. Both nauseate me, slightly, at all times. Waves of nausea are constantly swimming across my stomach. It is true, the city boasts a multitude of humans, a sea of humans. There are seemingly as many humans in the city as there are fish in the sea, and although one swims and the other walks, the constant movement causes me a modicum of dizziness. As for the jungle, it is the same as the city, an alien place where a tuxedo and top hat are not welcome.
In the city, the final stirrings of my ape nature are unwelcome.
In the jungle, the tuxedo and top hat are hardly welcome either.
The distinction is blurred, however, for now one finds the city in the jungle and the jungle in the city. The other day I stood beside a tree in the city and held its trunk in my hand. In fact I used it to support my weight. We had much in common, I felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment